Serves as the project manager for a large, complex task order (or a group of task orders affecting the same system) and shall assist the Program Manager in working with the Government Contracting Officer (KO), the task order-level Task Order Managers, Government management personnel and customer agency representatives.
Performs IT benchmarking pre-assessment visit activities which include participating in and recording the results of customer interviews, evaluating responses from pre-assessment questionnaires and developing follow up questions for visit interviews. Provides Benchmarking Assessment visit support to include recording comments and feedback during subject matter expert interviews, collecting observations and generating an out-briefing presentation to senior J6 officials. Responsible for collecting, analyzing and creating a final report which includes bservations, recommendations, and alternatives for best practices. Responsible for tracking status of assigned actions for both best practices and IT service improvement opportunities. Develops and delivers IT benchmarking standard operating procedures, processes, templates, examples, checklists, tools and policies for inclusion in a process library to support the advancement of the IT benchmarking program.
Under the guidance of the Program Manager, responsible for the overall management of the specific task order(s) and ensuring that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner.
Responsible for providing project management support to an information technology (IT) organization responsible for implementing and sustaining a robust IT benchmarking capability. Responsible for identifying critical tasks, managing project meetings and suspense dates for action items, and preparing executive presentations to senior J6 leadership.
Must have Project Management certification (i.e. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification, other recognized certification, etc.) plus five (5) years relevant experience and 5 years of leadership experience with progressively higher responsibility in the public and/or private sector in the IT and/or consulting fields.
Minimum Education: BS or BA or four (4) additional years of related experience.
Must possess IT-II security clearance or have a current National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) at time of proposal submission.
Must possess an IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 (V3) certification and specific knowledge and experience with the ITIL framework or minimum 3 years ofworking Knowledge.
• Five (5) years of practical industry, government and/or consulting experience in information technology management.
• IT project management experience using various Microsoft tools
• Knowledge and experience in managing information technology services and strategies.
• Continuous Process Improvement
• Must possess experience applying DLA Configuration and Change Management processes
• Must have working knowledge with DISA Change Management processes
• Technical skill in benchmarking IT services and support for best practices Proficiency in basic analytical software such as Microsoft Excel and Access, and proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite, to include Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint.