- Provide IT consultation and support for ongoing OLC vendor maintenance activities that include providing guidance for specific project management activities, ensuring that the solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner, performing integration planning, interfacing with other functional systems, preparing reports and presentations, and performing analyses and studies.
- Develop, apply and improve TSA-wide information models (e.g., Local administrator roles and workflows, assignment profiles, domains and domain restrictions) including identifying best practices, developing business practices and performing elaborate analysis and studies. Activities include:
- Conducting group facilitation and interviewing of key stakeholders. Any individual effort may involve 5 – 15 stakeholders. This is part of the OLC Functionality Workshops or focus groups. TSA will determine the frequency of this task. Stakeholders may include course sponsors, Training Managers, Training Specialist, points of contact from program offices and other roles at TSA. Conducting analyses.
- Making recommendations.
- iii. Evaluating recommendations.
- Proposing preventive actions to mitigate potential impacts.
- Implementing the approved recommendations.
- Conducting quality assurance of changes
Data reporting support:
1) Develop or enhance reporting capabilities to retrieve data from OLC Oracle database at least once a month. Ability to understand and write SQL queries to retrieve data.
2) Before starting the work on a project the contractor shall provide the Project Definition Document which includes overview, activities, assumptions & risks, deliverables, level of effort and total estimated price for the project..
3) Leverage inherent OLC system functionality to address TSA business needs (e.g., integration of Virtual Learning Solutions (VLS) in the OLC, online SF-182 and Individual Development Plans (IDP) processing, and assessments/surveys question editors).
- Conduct group facilitation and interviewing of key stakeholders.
- Gather, define, document and respond to business requirements.
- Conduct OLC vendor requirements gathering and configuration workshops.
- Recommend the most beneficial implementation approaches.
- Implement the approved recommendations.
- Develop business rules and processes to govern the use of inherent OLC functionality.
Develop and deliver TSA-specific capabilities including application extensions and integrations
- Provide IT consultation and guidance that includes supporting overall project management activities, ensuring that the solutions and schedules are implemented in a timely manner, performing integration planning, interfacing with other functional systems, preparing reports and presentations, and performing analyses and studies.
- Provide business analysis, requirements gathering definition and assistance, delivery of workshops, scoping of technical extensions and recommendations to meet requirements.
- Provide technical and architectural services including analyzing the impact of any platform changes (including noted migration) and assisting in the planning and implementation of the OLC upgrades as well as new and existing interfaces and integration points. Point out any potential incompatibility items that should be reflected in the Road Map and Life Cycle Management Plan. This includes changes of version or releases of Internet Explorer, Java, Flash and Adobe Reader.
- Review and update extension, integration and upgrade documentation.
- Develop code/functions not limited to systems such as Oracle, Access, Excel and SharePoint to create system capabilities and enhancements.
- Develop use cases, test plans, and conduct and document testing activities to ensure proper functionality. (E.g. Development of customized test scripts so that once TSA-approved enhancements have been installed on the OLC software, basic user and administrator functionality can be thoroughly tested).
- Troubleshoot and resolve risks, issues and concerns.
- Validate the new capabilities/extensions and document lessons learned