- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, or communications.
- Minimum 10 years of journalism or creative writing background and/or experience as a writer within the intelligence, defense, or law enforcement communities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience writing for executive-level audiences.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational abilities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build working relationships within all organizational levels.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, Excel and SharePoint.
- Experience developing effective, multi-faceted strategic communication plans. Experience writing speeches, articles, FAQs, newsletters, reports, briefing papers, presentations, talking points and/or other communication products involving complex topics ranging from executive to enterprise audiences.
- Ability to self-start and take initiative with minimal support or guidance.
- Writing samples required.
- Top Secret Clearance (must be able to obtain SCI)
Preferred Experience and Technical Qualifications
- Master's degree in journalism, creative writing, or a related degree.
- Experience writing executive-level speeches and talking points.
- Congressional experience.
Technical and Management Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam veteran status. This policy affirms TMR’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of discriminatory practices. We encourage all employees to take advantage of opportunities for promotion as they occur.