Leidos has an opening for a SME Level Windows Server Systems Administrator with experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others. This position requires an engineer to assist with the change process and incident response process:
· 12 – 15 + years relevant work experience as a SME-Level Windows systems administrator with an IT equipment vendor, service provider, or a data center
· create and deliver server capacity planning for the Windows platform;
· ensure server performance thresholds are operating in accordance with industry standards based on the life of the server;
· Collaborate with networks and storage teams continually to ensure the infrastructure capability is providing the most effective and efficient performance.
· Demonstrated experience with clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and managing Windows servers remotely.
· Demonstrated experience with Windows servers (Windows 2008, Windows 2012) and Tier 3 troubleshooting will maintain the Windows infrastructure for the current and new application hosting environments.
· Responsible for maintaining documentation for the Windows servers footprint to include physical and virtual across all environments, maintaining the Windows patching schedule and executing patch and version updates, monitoring servers capacity, servers performance, and performing server recaps.
· Experience with Active Directory Federation Services, clustering and network load balancing, certificate management, and performing backups and restores, Windows 2008, Windows 2012
· Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements;
· Support data center consolidation efforts;
· Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s); and
· Design, build, and test application upgrades within specified timeframes.
· Manage and maintain Windows servers in the customer data centers; work directly with customers as required to ensure their needs are met
· Work in a rapid paced environment and work independently
· Maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with other administrators, customers and engineers
· Set up administrator and service accounts, tune system performance, install system wide software
· Interact with users and evaluate vendor products
· Evaluate hardware and software, with the goal of improving and increasingly automating operations
· Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources
· Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures
· Apply security settings and other commercial security best practices
· Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule; also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
· Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 12 years of overall related experience with a Windows server environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
· Maintain and administer a multi-site, multi-farm Windows server on-premises infrastructure and in Azure Cloud IaaS environment;
· SME level Responsibilities related to maintaining production with reliable and stable operations that includes but not limited to Senior level understanding of Windows Services and Servers, Advanced Troubleshooting, and advanced Windows Server communications and hosting within Azure Cloud Environments.
· SME Level Understanding of Windows Server design, configuration and administration
· PowerShell Scripting experience
· Completing registry backups and modifications
· Group Policy Management (GPO) and application of Local Security Policies
· Use of Windows Task Scheduler
· Application of security settings/STIGs and other commercial security best practices
· System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
· System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
· Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
· Excellent written and verbal communications skilll
Technical and Management Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam veteran status. This policy affirms TMR’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of discriminatory practices. We encourage all employees to take advantage of opportunities for promotion as they occur.